Monday, June 21, 2010

Joy and Pain: The Post Competition Body

I knew it was coming because I've been there before. But I'm never ready for the post-competition body. I know it's not possible to maintain that amount of leanness 365 days a year ... I love food and red wine too much to do that! But it's still hard to see the difference from a month ago. Now it's not all bad ... I jumped for joy when my boobs came back (which is probably not a good idea without a bra ... ouch!). But sometimes it's painful to look at other parts of my body in the mirror. I guess it's good that my clothes are no longer hanging off of me like a hanger. And some are still fitting kind of loose. But it's still difficult. However with the support of some of my fellow competitors it's getting better. Some reminding me to embrace my feminine curves! Other telling me my body needs a little bit of fat to function. In fact I even went clothes shopping today. It's an uncomfortable sight looking at myself in the change room mirrors. They are not flattering in the least. So this is what I did. Instead of looking at myself as a chunky chick ... I started to tell myself .... in the change room ... that I looked sexy. Then I started to stand and pose like I was in a photo shoot or on stage or like I had the hottest body out there ... and believe it or not I started to feel better. And I guess I must still look sort of lean because a couple of the stores I went into the sales clerk suggested I look in petite sizes as well. That's before they saw my shoulders and arms I think. Maybe they were just trying to flatter me so I'd buy something?? Hmmm. Anyway, I'm getting compliments from people saying that I look like I'm in really good shape. So maybe I do look alright. I just have to keep telling myself to love the natural curves of my body ... love and accept ME ... at this moment ... right NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment