Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm not a fan ...

It's been about a little over a week since I accomplished my last fitness goal ... My Best Body fitness photo shoot with David Ford and Annette Milbers. I'd been training and dieting since January (with a mini break in between) so it was time to take a break ... from both. I'm not a fan of doing nothing. Because when I do nothing and sit around at home, I eat. When I've just come off months of dieting, all I want to do is eat. When I'm bored, I eat. When I'm lonely, I eat. And if you don't know, when you eat "whatever" right after pre-contest dieting (usually everything you couldn't eat) your body sucks it up like a sponge. Bloating, water retention, and an overall feeling of blahhhhhhh takes over. Add in PMS and forget about it ... puff ball city! I felt like crap and felt I looked like crap. And I was (and still am) very conscious of my post-competition body. Not working out on top of that made me feel even worse ... physically, mentally, and emotionally. Unfortunately, I wasn't disciplined enough to have a post-competition meal plan. Plus, being a bit of an emotional eater doesn't help. But I knew what I had to do to get out of my food coma ... to deliver my food baby ... to get over my food funk ... and to feel better. I worked out. Pretty simple. It was an instant happy pill! What made it great was ... it was a sunny day and I decided to train outside. I called up a friend who joined me ... and he brought the gear ... medicine ball, dumbbells, tubing, and my favorite ... a weighted sled ... love that weighted sled!!! We headed to a soccer field and got our work out on! It was just what the doctor ordered. I was fired up! I was energetic! I powered through! Taking in the sunshine! Getting a good sweat going! For all of those people who don't work out ... man ... you are missing A LOT! It's good to be back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment