Sunday, October 18, 2009

Project 9X9

First I'd like to thank one of my FACEBOOK friends for giving me a friendly kick in the butt. She reminded me that I hadn't written a blog in a month. At first I was embarrassed ... then flattered that she was reading it and patiently (very patiently) waiting for another entry. So here goes. I learned something about myself in regards to fitness. I've learned that I need a goal to motivate me. So that's where "Project 9X9" came along. First and foremost it's a challenge. A challenge offered to me by my dear friend Maria Ellis (www.fitmumz.com). The challenge: to "lean out" by the time I fly off to the Caribbean for Christmas. She's doing the same thing so we will support and motivate each other. But we're taking it one step further. We're posting pictures of our progress on FACEBOOK just to show how committed we are ... and hopefully we'll inspire a few people at the same time. And it will be harder to back out if we know others are watching. I'm calling it "Project 9X9" because my goal is to drop 9 lbs. in 9 weeks. Now, it's not all about the number on the scale. It's more about setting goals, discipline, perseverance, believing in myself ... and looking HOT in a bikini! :) So, please, join me in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment